Wendell Homes for Sale
Real Estate in Wendell, NC
Located in the thriving research triangle area 18 miles away from downtown Raleigh, you can find Wendell, NC, an up-and-coming community that has been the state best kept secret! Residents of Wendell get their enjoyment from the beautiful outdoor recreation from hiking to biking or relaxing in the town's many beautiful parks. The downtown area of Wendell has great shopping and fun antique stores to browse through. And for a nice spot for lunch, check out the many eclectic and upscale restaurants Wendell had to offer. By the end of this article, you just might want to call Wendell your home! Continue to read below to find out why Wendell, NC is a gem in its own right.
And, if you haven't already, be sure to register for a free account so that you can receive email alerts whenever new Wendell listings come on the market.
Fun Homes in Wendell
Wendell, NC is a stunning suburb that is booming. Potential residents can pick from an array of homes from traditional row homes to apartments to farmhouses to historic brick homes dating back to the early 1900s. You will find that there are many old historic homes mixed in with newer construction. It is not uncommon to find homes with attached garages and large yard space in a Wendell neighborhood.
Transportation In & Out of Wendell
If you choose to live in Wendell, real estate will conveniently place you within a short commute distance to Raleigh. The Wendell Falls Parkway is the fastest way to get to Raleigh. If your job is in town, you will be glad to know that the community of Wendell is easy to bike and walk around. There is also a public park-and-ride transit on the Zebulon/Wendell-Raleigh Express (ZWX) bus route.
Wendell, NC is zoned into the Wake County Public School System, with schools from elementary to high school that rank top in academic performance and equity. Here are the top schools by grade level.
- Wendell Elementary. Overall Niche grade of B, Academics grade of B-, Diversity grade of A+, Teachers grade of B
- Zebulon Middle School. Overall Niche grade of B, Academics grade of B, Diversity grade of A, Teachers grade of B+
- Wake NC State University STEM Early College High School. Overall Niche grade of A+, Academics grade of A, Diversity grade of A, Teachers grade of A, College Prep grade of A+
Attractions in Wendell
The quiet community of Wendell, NC is full of exciting attractions. Dating back to the early 1900s, cruise the Wendell Commercial Historical District on Main Street. If you are interested in festivals, the town of Wendell hosts an International Food and Music Festival during the fall, featuring a large selection of ethnic food, music, and art. You can also pick up some farm-fresh produce at the summer farmers market. Or, catch the fall harvest at the Wendell Harvest Festival and Parade, taking place in the community every October.
Restaurants and Cafes
Wendell, NC is home to locally-owned diners and grills that serve up local favorite cuisines, all ranging from classic burgers and fries to Mexican-inspired dishes, as well as some pretty hip cafes and coffee shops. Check out our favorite picks!
- Agave Mexican Bar & Grill. Renowned for its quest dip, Agave Mexican Bar & Grill serves in-house delicious Mexican cuisine. From classic chimichangas to quesadillas, you won’t miss out on any fine Mexican dining here!
- Bearded Bee Brewing Company. Located 20 minutes from the heart of Raleigh, Bearded Bee Brewing Company focuses on creating high-quality traditional craft beer in small batches utilizing a special micro-brew system. The spacious restored urban barn setting has tons of indoor and outdoor seating where you can gather with friends that is not only welcoming but is dog friendly!
- 41 North Coffee. This fun coffee shop serves handcrafted coffee and beverages from a hot blended roast to a creamy frappe and everything sweet in between. At 41 North Coffee, you can also find breakfast and pastries, as well as gluten-free keto-friendly quiche.
- Farmhouse Cafe. Expect light bites for breakfast paired with health-conscious options. At Farmhouse Cafe pair breakfast with a specialty drink or a locally made kombucha.
For more local information on Wendell, NC, check out our website!
Closed (sold) listings may have been listed and/or sold by a real estate firm other than the firm(s) featured on this website. Closed data is not available until the sale of the property is recorded in the MLS. Home sale data is not an appraisal, CMA, competitive or comparative market analysis, or home valuation of any property.