Selma Homes for Sale
Real Estate in Selma NC
This town is located 30 minutes outside of downtown Raleigh, part of the larger metropolitan area. Selma, NC offers a small-town charm with amazing big-city benefits. Continue to read to find the top best things this town offers its potential residents.
Included below are homes for sale in Selma. If you would like more information on any of these Selma real estate listings, just click the "Request More Information" button when viewing the details of that property. We can provide you with disclosures, past sales history, dates and prices of homes recently sold nearby, and more.
And, if you haven't already, be sure to register for a free account so that you can receive email alerts whenever new Selma listings come on the market.
Closed (sold) listings may have been listed and/or sold by a real estate firm other than the firm(s) featured on this website. Closed data is not available until the sale of the property is recorded in the MLS. Home sale data is not an appraisal, CMA, competitive or comparative market analysis, or home valuation of any property.
Low Cost of Living in Selma
Apart from its prime location near downtown Raleigh, another spectacular reason to move to Selma, NC is the affordable cost of living. It costs 26% less to live in Selma than in Raleigh, and this is due to the affordable housing in the area. Because of this, there are many drawn to the area, though this is starting to increase the prices by 22.7%.
- Woodberry Forest & Cross Creek. These new townhome communities offer residents single-family homes. Both communities are located two miles from US-70 and I-95, making travel to Raleigh or other neighboring towns such as Clayton, Garner, Fuquay-Varina, and Smithfield quick and easy. Both neighborhoods are conveniently a 15-minute drive from the new Amazon distribution center. The construction of these homes offers all the best of new construction—great location, modern, energy-efficient, and high-quality construction—and all at affordable cost.
Great Commute for Selma
Selma, NC is a convenient 30-minute drive from downtown Raleigh, placing it at an easy commute from US-70 for the times you will have to go into the office. A great method of public transportation from Selma to Raleigh is by taking the Amtrak Carolinian, a daily passenger train running between Charlotte, NC, and NYC.
Nostalgic Charming Small Town Feel
Selma, NC is a smaller town, and with its quaint size, you will find all of the nostalgia and charm you’d expect. Uptown Selma is also known as the historic business district, renowned for its antique stores. Hunting for treasure in Selma is a good way to pass the time, especially if you keep an eye out for some fixer-upper antique furniture. Interestingly enough Selma has the largest concentration of antique stores along the I-95 corridor in North Carolina. For more trendy shopping, check out the Carolina Premium Outlets where you can explore 80 storefronts with some of the biggest name brands in retail!
Restaurants & Cafes in Selma
Once you and your family or friends have had your fill of retail shopping, check out some of the best eateries and cafes that will leave you satisfied with a full belly and full shopping bags, as well as a great morning behind you! Check out our following favorites!
- Robbin’s Nest. This adorable restaurant is a southern-style buffet restaurant. At Robbin’s Nest, you can find indoor dining or outdoor seating.
- Uncle Bill’s Subs & Sandwiches. This family-orientated mom-and-pop sandwich shop in Selma, NC is all the rage for sandwich lovers. Uncle Bill’s Subs & Sandwiches also specializes in salads, as well as fun sides such as French fries, and chips!
- Coffee on Raiford. This coffee shop has blossomed into a great local gathering where you can find coffees and espressos, flavored drinks, iced drinks, and some fun frozen drinks. At Coffee on Raiford, you will be delighted to find some great non-caffeinated beverages as well for kiddos!
- Bowl and Bubble. Located in The Old North State Food Hall, this fun little cafe also doubles as a mini restaurant where Bowl and Bubble offer residents locally roasted coffee and Asian treats. Here, you can find fun and colorful drinks such as the Taiwanese shaved ice dessert “Baoboing,” also known as Snow ice.
Fun Activities For Everyone in Selma
Despite its smaller size, Selma, NC sure does have many fun things to do, and should be kept on your map!
- The Rudy Theatre. A local favorite, The Rudy Theatre offers live music, theatrical performances, and many other shows to keep you in good spirits!
- 301 Endless Yard Sale. Looking for outdoor events and festivals? Check out the kitschy and popular 301 Endless Yard Sale, heavily inspired by HGTV’s “Flea Market Flip.”
- Clayton Harvest Festival. This five-day-long event incorporates carnival rides, games, and a BBQ competition. At the Clayton Harvest Festival, you will be met with all sorts of family fun!
- The Shindig. This Latin American festival is a one-day Americana music festival that features nationally-known bands. At The Shindig, you will also find craft beer, food trucks, and local vendors.
For more local information on Selma, NC, check out our website!