Lillington Homes for Sale
Real Estate in Lillington, NC
Lillington is located in Harnett County and is less than 10 minutes from Campbell University, 20 minutes from Fuquay-Varina, and is home to Raven Rock State Park. Other unique activities include visiting Hawk Manor Falconry, enjoying the outdoors with Cape Fear River Adventures, and grabbing a bite at local favorite County Seat Sports Grille!
Lillington NC real estate listings are displayed below and updated multiple times per day via the MLS. If you would like more information on any of these Lillington North Carolina listings, just click the "Request More Information" button when viewing the details of that property. We can provide you with disclosures, past sales history, dates and prices of homes recently sold nearby, and more.
And, if you haven't already, be sure to register for a free account so that you can receive email alerts whenever new Lillington real estate listings come on the market.
About Lillington NC
Lillington, North Carolina is the seat for Harnett County, yet it is quaint in its small-town charm, with about 3,600 residents. This town is the perfect choice for those who enjoy being on a first-name basis with neighbors. From the most unique coffee shops or farmer's markets to walking down South Main Street, be prepared for friendly waves and many conversations. Continue to read to find the best reasons for choosing Lillington, NC as your home base.
Affordable Cost of Living in Lillington
The cost of living in Lillington, NC is 15% lower than the national average and 6% lower than the average cost of living in North Carolina. Many quaint, yet bustling neighborhoods in Lillington, NC are praised for their homeliness and fantastic amenities offered to residents. Here are some of the most popular Lillington, NC neighborhoods to date:
- Ryes/Seminole. This neighborhood is more expensive than 42.9% of the neighborhoods in North Carolina. In Ryes/Seminole, the average rental price was $1,597 and the neighborhood is considered rural based on population density. The real estate is primarily made up of mid-sized homes small single-family homes and mobile homes.
- Cape Fear. This neighborhood is 41% more expensive than other neighborhoods in North Carolina. Cape Fear is a suburban neighborhood with an average rental price of $1,527, primarily made up of medium-sized homes to smaller single-family homes.
- Mamers. This rural neighborhood has an average rental price of $1,474. Mamers mainly comprise medium-sized to large single-family homes, with much of the residential real estate owner occupied.
Each top-ranked school in this list is zoned in the Harnett County Schools, where residents of Lillington send their children, and may have attended themselves. Lillington, NC public schools average 35% in math proficiency, and 43% in reading proficiency, and rank 5/10. These are the best schools in Lillington, NC by grade level:
- Lillington-Shawtown Elementary School. Overall Niche grade of B-, Academic Grade of B-, Diversity Grade of A, Teachers Grade of B-
- Western Harnett Middle School. Overall Niche grade of B-, Academic Grade of B-, Diversity Grade of A, Teachers Grade of C+
- Western Harnett High School. Overall Niche grade of C+, Academic Grade of C+, Diversity Grade of A, Teacher Grade of C+, College Prep Grade of B-
Lillington, NC has a unique placement on the banks of the Cape Fear River. This large river winds 202 miles through central and southeastern North Carolina to The Atlantic Ocean. Because this impressive waterway is in many backyards, residents can take their pick of water sports:
- Paddle Boarding
There is also room for hiking along the shores of the wild river! Raven Rock State Park calls Lillington home, and this recreational gem also features a scenic raven rock. Whether you are an experienced hiker, or you just wish to go on a jaunt outdoors, this steep terrain is a fantastic means to experience the beauty and sunshine of Lillington. Along with Raven Rock, you can find Lanier Falls and the Fish Traps rapids, as well as backcountry camping. If you love being outdoors, you will always find it in Lillington, NC!
Many Attractions in Lillington!
Just because Lillington is smaller, it would be unwise to judge the size as being dull. Even though this smaller town offers a simple life, there are many amenities close by! If you enjoy dining out on the weekends, get a taste of flavor at the dozens of Lillington restaurants, where you can find home cooking as a basis on the menu!
- Nonna's. Many top dishes in Lillington are pizzas, and you can find the best of the best at Nonna's, an Italian-inspired eatery. Here, you can also find sandwiches, salads, calzones, and more on the menu. Each meal also comes with the added option of french fries.
- Mi Casita Lillington. This no-frills chain spot features drinks, burritos, and tacos. At Mi Casita Lillington, satisfy your cravings with the addition of steak and seafood dishes that will leave you wanting more, more, more!
- The Garden State Grill. If you had a long day playing in the sun and you have an appetite the size of North Carolina itself, head over to Garden State Grill and find a lineup of northeast-style homemade comfort food such as meatballs, fresh burgers, cheesecake, chops, and seafood.
- Beans and Cream. This tiny cafe's mission is simple: serve the highest quality products and bring smiles to everyone. With Unique flavor combinations, Beans and Cream specialize in ice cream and caffeine, making for a fun mixture!
- Creek Coffee. Because of its size, this coffee shop does require reservations, and you can find all sorts of yummy caffeinated drinks at Creek Coffee. They even offer 1/2 Gallon to-go specialty drinks, as well as a variety of sweets such as raspberry shortbread, vanilla nut spice, and cherry mocha cakes to satisfy cravings.
Throughout the year, you can find an array of special events hosted by downtown Lillington that bring the community together, promoting its small-town charm and hospitality.
- 4th of July Celebration
- Lillington Halloween Festival
- Downtown Christmas (Santa's Workshop, Tree Lighting Gathering, and Christmas Parade)
Direct & Easy Commute to Raleigh & Fayetteville
Those looking to call Lillington home may be pleasantly surprised to find that this puts you halfway between two urban centers: Raleigh and Fayetteville, NC. Just 28 miles outside of Raleigh, for an easy drive just take the NC 210 to and from the city. Along the way, stop and check out Fuquay-Varina, a popular destination for its downtown shopping, dining, and local events.
Fayetteville is just 24 miles southeast of Lillington, a city with plenty to offer, such as recreation, entertainment, and special; events.
For more local information on Lillington, NC, and surrounding areas, check out our website!
Closed (sold) listings may have been listed and/or sold by a real estate firm other than the firm(s) featured on this website. Closed data is not available until the sale of the property is recorded in the MLS. Home sale data is not an appraisal, CMA, competitive or comparative market analysis, or home valuation of any property.