Four Oaks Homes for Sale
Real Estate in Four Oaks, NC
The small town of Four Oaks is located in the central part of North Carolina. Four Oaks is a wonderful place to live with its peaceful atmosphere and close-knit community. From a beautiful, old downtown area to numerous parks and chances for recreational activity, there is something for everyone! Whether it is a quiet lifestyle you are in search of or an active lifestyle, Four Oaks, NC offers something for everyone!
And, if you haven't already, be sure to register for a free account so that you can receive email alerts whenever new Four Oaks listings come on the market.
Closed (sold) listings may have been listed and/or sold by a real estate firm other than the firm(s) featured on this website. Closed data is not available until the sale of the property is recorded in the MLS. Home sale data is not an appraisal, CMA, competitive or comparative market analysis, or home valuation of any property.
Four Oaks, NC has an above-average score for livability, with the overall cost of living being lower than the national average of other cities in North Carolina. According to Niche, Four Oaks Real Estate's median home value is $158,100, with the median rent being $935. Here, you will be met with a suburban-rural mix.
There is an even number of residents that both rent and own their homes, and is ranked #92 of 185 as the “Best Suburbs for Young Professionals in North Carolina.”
- The Highlands. This neighborhood in Four Oaks, NC features cozy homes that are reasonably priced. This well-established community has been around since 1999, with a median sale price of $241,500. The average sq. ft. of homes in The Highlands is 1128 to 1304 sq. ft.
- Four Oaks Estates. In this neighborhood, you will find the perfect blend of modern amenities and classic charm. Four Oaks Estates homes range from medium to large (3-4 beds and 2-3 bathrooms.)
Four Oaks, NC is zoned into the Johnston County School District, where these schools have an average math proficiency score of 33% and a reading proficiency of 35%. These are the following best schools by grade level.
- Four Oaks Elementary School. Overall Niche grade of B-, Academics grade of B-, Diversity grade of A, Teachers grade of B-
- Four Oaks Middle School. Overall Niche grade of B-, Academics grade of B-, Diversity grade of A, Teachers grade of B-
- South Johnston High School. Overall Niche grade of B-, Academics grade of C+, Diversity grade of A, Teachers grade of C+, College Prep grade of B-
If you draw your joy from being outdoors, then you will love to know that Four Oaks, NC has a large selection of things to do, from family fun adventures to lonesome exploration of the great outdoors! Here are some of our favorite picks!
- Thompson Orchards. This orchard grows peaches, veggies, produce, and other farm goodies at the farm stand in Four Oaks, NC. Thompson Orchards is open from mid-June to mid-August.
- Reedy Creek Golf Course. This golf course has been rated North Carolina’s top-rated public golf course and is considered one of the best places to play. At Reedy Creek Golf Course, you will be able to play year-round! 6,426 yards from the back tees, there are 72 courses and 18 holes. Each course has its level of difficulty depending on your level of professionalism with the club.
- Blue Gray Scenic Byway. Interested in the history of the Civil War? Take a walk on this trail and travel back in time over the Civil War battle sites on the Blue Gray Scenic Byway. Here, you can explore beautiful landscapes and attend a Civil War re-enactment.
Restaurants and Cafes
Four Oaks, NC offers great country-style restaurants, BBQ, and a local favorite: red hot dogs. Find your ordinary adventures in and around Four Oaks! Here are our top favorites!
- Baker’s Grill. Here you will be served delicious local red hot dogs, hamburgers, and other small fast-food products. Baker’s Grill is located in the charming downtown of Four Oaks, where you can later enjoy some shopping after a full belly!
- Barefoot’s Country Store & Grill. At Barefoot’s Country Store & Grill, you can get your favorite southern food cooked fresh in minutes, where everything is cooked to order for the best possible taste!
- Backporch Brew. Located in Stanfield’s General Store, Backporch Brew offers a wide variety of coffees and baked goods to enjoy on their “backporch.” You can also view all the antique items the store has to offer. Here, you can enjoy a delicious cream shake on a hot day, or a warm mocha on a gloomy day!
- Bon Voyage Coffee Co. This charming little coffee shop in Four Oaks offers a wide variety of coffees and drinks. Bon Voyage Coffee Co. is a special shop that makes up the famous “Cuppa Joe Coffee Trail” in Johnston County!
For more local information on Four Oaks, NC, check out our website!