Erwin Homes for Sale
Real Estate in Erwin, NC
Included below are homes for sale in Erwin. If you would like more information on any of these Erwin real estate listings, just click the "Request More Information" button when viewing the details of that property. We can provide you with disclosures, past sales history, dates and prices of homes recently sold nearby, and more.
And, if you haven't already, be sure to register for a free account so that you can receive email alerts whenever new Erwin listings come on the market.
Erwin, North Carolina is considered the “denim capital” of the world for the vast quantities of raw denim their mill has produced for well over half a century. The town itself has a warm, friendly atmosphere, making it easy to get to know its residents. For outdoor enthusiasts, there is much that Erwin has to offer, from hiking on nearby trails to kayaking on the river. The town boasts wonderful dining options, famous for serving up some delicious local cuisine. Erwin, NC offers an array of cultures for anyone looking for something different. Continue to read all you need to know about Erwin, NC before making it your forever home!
Homes/ Real Estate
Erwin is a town in North Carolina with a population of 4,600, located in Harnett County. Many residents can tell you that living in this town offers a rural feel, and many own their homes. This town is also home to many retirees. According to Niche, the median home value of Erwin is $107,300, with the median rent being $936. About 64% of the population owns their home, with the other 36% preferring to rent. Erwin rates #45 of 185 as the “suburbs with the lowest cost of living in North Carolina.”
Erwin Mills. This neighborhood located in Erwin, NC features an array of cozy homes that are reasonably priced! The current prices in this neighborhood are $99,900 to $215,000. The types of homes in Erwin Mills have attached homes, such as condos, townhouses, lofts, etc… and single-family homes. The sq. ft. is between 904 and 3867 sq. ft.
- Forest Hills. This neighborhood in Erwin features homes on the larger side, each reasonably priced. This well-established community attracts interest from buyers all over Erwin, NC. The current prices are $207,329. The type of homes that this neighborhood features are single-family homes. The average sq. ft. is 1470.
Schools near or in the town of Erwin, NC are zoned in the Harnett County Schools, each ranked as follows by Niche.
- Erwin Elementary School. Overall Niche grade is C, Academics grade is C, Diversity grade is A, Teachers grade is C+
- Coats-Erwin Middle School. Overall Niche grade is B-, Academics grade is B-, Diversity grade is A, Teachers grade is B+
- Harnett Early College. Overall Niche grade is B-, Academics grade is C+, Diversity grade is A, Teachers grade is B-, and College Prep is B.
Best Eateries/Cafes to Check Out
Many who travel through any town will make note of the best places to catch a meal, whether it is by word of mouth or making a Google search on their cell phone. Erwin, NC is no exception, as any Google search will pull up an array of different local restaurants. This town boasts a wide variety of local eateries and fun, unique coffee shops to check out. Here are the following:
- Waffle House. Every good morning starts with a good breakfast! This simple chain spot offers the classic American diner fare and all-day breakfast, including the best yet: signature waffles! Waffle House has a fun eclectic menu of waffles, T-bone steaks, hash browns, cheese n’ eggs, country ham, pork chops, and you can’t forget Southern grits!
- Remington Grill. This restaurant is heavily classic Southern-inspired, with fun names on the menu such as “prairie dogs,” two-all beef hot dogs with chili and slaw, and the “tumbleweed,” hot sliced Turkey with Swiss cheese and sautéed mushrooms. Step back into the Wild West at Remington Grill and enjoy their All-American fare!
- Erwin Mills Coffee Co. This fun local coffee shop is about giving back to the community it proudly calls home. Erwin Mills is a project designed to help revitalize the old mill town in Erwin, NC, with a portion of earnings going to the effort in several different avenues. At Erwin Mills Coffee Co., find carefully selected beans that make a signature roast to help you enjoy the morning, noon, and night!
- Inspirational Grounds. This fun coffee shop also doubles as a bakery, featuring gluten-free ingredient-filled handcrafted cakes, and cupcakes. Inspirational Grounds also offers not only caffeinated coffees but a wide variety of teas, both hot and iced!
Points of Interest Near Erwin
Erwin, North Carolina is close to all sorts of fun-filled activities in neighboring towns. Don’t let the size of the town fool you, as Erwin also hosts its events and seasonal festivals. Here are the following points of interest in or near Erwin, NC.
- Buffaloe Lanes Erwin Family Bowling Center. Take your family and friends on a fun-filled day to the Buffaloe Lanes Erwin Family Bowling Center, where you can choose from an assortment of family packages. You can also find an arcade room and mini golf here!
- Arts, Books, and Crafts Fair. Starting Saturday, June 10 check out the scholastic book-inspired event! At Arts, Books, and Crafts Fair, there is something for everyone in the family to have fun together, and you get to do it all while supporting local creators!
- Operation Fresh Start Crab Feast. If you are a huge fan of fresh-caught blue crab, then this festival may be for you! Starting June 3, Operation Fresh Start Crab Feast offers all-you-can-eat fresh blue crabs, one side of fish and chips, and music all in a family-friendly environment.
For more local information on Erwin, NC, and surrounding areas, check out our website!
Closed (sold) listings may have been listed and/or sold by a real estate firm other than the firm(s) featured on this website. Closed data is not available until the sale of the property is recorded in the MLS. Home sale data is not an appraisal, CMA, competitive or comparative market analysis, or home valuation of any property.