Dunn Homes for Sale
Real Estate in Dunn NC
Dunn is located just off of Interstate 95 and makes a perfect community to live for those commuting to Fayetteville. It's also a great place to live for those that love to travel being the halfway point between New York and Florida! You'll fall in love with Dunn's charm and enjoy rich history from the Civil War, golf courses, delicious eateries, and shopping! Be sure to stop by Sherry's Bakery and Broad Street Deli while you're checking out Dunn - they're local favorites!
Dunn NC real estate listings are displayed below and updated multiple times per day via the MLS. If you would like more information on any of these Dunn North Carolina listings, just click the "Request More Information" button when viewing the details of that property. We can provide you with disclosures, past sales history, dates and prices of homes recently sold nearby, and more.
And, if you haven't already, be sure to register for a free account so that you can receive email alerts whenever new Dunn listings come on the market. Read on below the listings to learn more about Dunn
Relocating to Dunn
The city of Dunn, North Carolina has grown considerably since its settlement some 127 years ago as a logging town and turpentine distilling center. Here, you can find a staggering population of 10,000 paired with a growing economy grounded in agriculture, manufacturing, distribution, and tourism. Fun fact: the area of Dunn was named in honor of Bennett R. Dunn, a civil engineer responsible for laying out the roadbed and supervising the construction of the railroad between Wilson and Fayetteville.
Highlights of Dunn
-Total Population: 1ok
-Walk Score: 64
-Median Home Price: $234,921
-Median Rent Price: $731
-Median Household Income: $30,561
-Median Individual Income: $25,083
A Walkable City?
The perks of a walkable city can be a major deciding factor for many homebuyers when choosing where to live. This is because ample things to do closer to home can be extremely convenient. The walk score as we discussed above is 64, with the biking score being 53. Taking this into account, the freeway nearest Dunn is I-95. Dunn also features a handful of electric-vehicle charging stations, three locations with 5 level 2 charging points. The city type is considered suburban, nice for families in search of more space than larger densely packed cities.
Best Neighborhoods in Dunn, NC
- Oakgrove Estates. This neighborhood offers a variety of homes in Dunn, NC. Many single-family homes range in square footage from 1,400 sq. ft. to 2,000 sq. ft. Conveniently located near dozens of grocery stores, and hundreds of cafes and restaurants, Oakgrove Estates also offers direct access to parks and gyms.
- Ponderosa. This neighborhood features mid-sized homes that are all reasonably priced. The well-established community of Ponderosa, like Oakgrove Estates, offers direct access to grocery stores, cafes, and local restaurants.
- Briarcliff. This neighborhood features mid-sized homes in Dunn, NC that are reasonably priced. This well-established neighborhood is zoned near great schools for those with children. There are 19 cities in or near Briarcliff.
- Grove Park Heights. At Grove Park Heights you will find nothing less than the coziest of homes that are each reasonably priced. The type of homes you can find here are condos, townhomes, lofts, and single-family homes.
- Rollingwood Garden Villas. This neighborhood is full of townhomes offering an assortment of beautiful styles to choose from ranging from 1,600 sq. ft. to $199,000. Like the other fantastic neighborhoods in this article, Rollingwood Garden Villas is close to great shopping, wonderful restaurants, and quirky cafes.
- Sunrise Estates. Sunrise Estates, a cute neighborhood in Dunn, NC, hosts 4 public schools rated well by GreatSchools. There are many great shopping points near this community, as well as cafes and restaurants.
- Lakeside Village. This classic suburban neighborhood, with a starting point of $179,291, is less expensive than 74% of North Carolina neighborhoods. Primarily made up of mid-sized homes with Canadian ancestry.
Dunn, NC is zoned in Harnett County Schools where many great schools fall under. Niche rates these schools as the following:
- Plain View Elementary School. Niche grade rating is A-, academics is A-, diversity is B+, and teachers is A-.
This school has 344 students in grades PK, K-5 with a student-teacher ratio of 15:1.
- Coats-Erwin Middle School. Niche grade rating is B-, academics is B-, diversity is A, and teachers is B+.
This school has 665 students in grades 6-8 with a student-teacher ratio of 18:1.
- Triton High School. Niche grade rating is B-, academics is C+, diversity is A, and teachers are B-.
This school has 1,277 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 18:1.
Points of Interest in Dunn, NC
Dunn may not have the popularity of other cities in the U.S., but don't let that fool you. This city is a smaller, but beautiful upcoming tourist destination that is well worth the visit. Here are the most popular things to do while visiting Dunn, NC.
- Averasboro Battlefield Museum. Here, you can rub shoulders with the real war crafts used in the Battle of Averasborough. At Averasboro Battlefield Museum, learn about the civil war battle fought in Harnett County and view dozens of real battlefield equipment preserved in this stunning war sanctuary.
- Heath's Steakhouse. You can find a marvelous assortment of steaks, seafood, and chicken at this lovely restaurant. At Heath's Steakhouse, you can find elaborate, beautiful plates of desserts such as cheesecake, chocolate lava cake, and key lime pie.
- Inspirational Grounds Coffee House & Sweet Dreams Bakery. This quaint outpost for coffee, house-made baked goods, as well as custom cakes. At Inspirational Grounds Coffee House & Sweet Dreams Bakery you can also find a wide selection of gifts to bring homemade by local designers.
For more local information on the city of Dunn, NC, check out our website.
Closed (sold) listings may have been listed and/or sold by a real estate firm other than the firm(s) featured on this website. Closed data is not available until the sale of the property is recorded in the MLS. Home sale data is not an appraisal, CMA, competitive or comparative market analysis, or home valuation of any property.