Benson Homes for Sale
Real Estate in Benson, NC
You may have heard of Benson's well known festival Mule Days, which is the largest festival held in Johnston County! But that's not all that makes Benson special. There are also other popular attractions including Broadslab Distillery, GALOT Motorsports Park, Fainting Goat Brewing, and Gregory Vineyards which is also a lovely wedding venue! Benson is located near the intersection of Interstates 95 and 40 making it easy to commute to the Triangle. Raleigh is just over 30 minutes away! For those that love the beach, you're just over an hour and a half away from Wilmington area beaches!
Benson NC real estate listings are displayed below and updated multiple times per day via the MLS. If you would like more information on any of these Benson North Carolina listings, just click the "Request More Information" button when viewing the details of that property. We can provide you with disclosures, past sales history, dates and prices of homes recently sold nearby, and more.
And, if you haven't already, be sure to register for a free account so that you can receive email alerts whenever new Benson listings come on the market.
Closed (sold) listings may have been listed and/or sold by a real estate firm other than the firm(s) featured on this website. Closed data is not available until the sale of the property is recorded in the MLS. Home sale data is not an appraisal, CMA, competitive or comparative market analysis, or home valuation of any property.
Relocating to Benson NC
Benson, North Carolina is home to the largest festival held in Johnston County-Mule Days-celebrating the town's agricultural heritage with mule judging and peace events, music, vendors, food, carnivals, and rodeos every September. Benson is known for its nice people, bringing on a sense of community in the surrounding area. Here are some more fun facts about Benson, NC to help you decide if it's a move for you!
Good Quality of Life
Benson, NC is close enough to the Raleigh-Durham-Chapel Hill areas to allow residents the full advantage of the shopping, dining, entertainment, and cultural amenities a bustling and rapidly growing metropolis can offer. Benson is still a distance away to preserve the qualities that make it so unique:
- Affordable Living in Great Neighborhoods
- Citizens' Pride in the Community
- Family-centered Way of Life
- Relaxed Pace of Living
Benson Real Estate
The cost of living in Benson, NC is 21% lower than the national average. According to Niche, the median home value of Benson, NC is $119,400, with the median rent being $807. The area is classified as sparse suburban, and most residents rent then own their own homes, with 52% renting, and 48% owning. Benson, NC is ranked #23 out of 185 as the best suburb with the lowest cost of living in North Carolina. (prices as of 2023)
Top Benson Neighborhoods
- Willa Chase. A neighborhood in Benson, NC, Willa Chase features mostly mid-sized homes that are reasonably priced in a community dating back to 2008 and continue to develop over the years. The median sale price is $275,000, with a sq. ft. of 1419 to 2603 sq. ft.
- Colonade. Located in a well-established neighborhood equal distance to Fayetteville or Raleigh, Colonade is close to Smithfield Outlet Shopping, featuring mid-sized homes that are reasonably priced. This neighborhood is great for buyers looking for a more recent build. The median sale price is $288,000, with a sq. ft. of 1591 to 1859 sq. ft.
- West Ridge. Featuring much newer modern mid-sized homes, West Ridge is close to dozens of grocery stores, and hundreds of restaurants and cafes.
The small city of Benson, NC is zoned into the Johnston County Public School System, recognized for its outstanding teachers and strong curricula. The public schools are the following:
- Four Oaks Elementary School: Niche grade of B-, Academic grade of B-, Diversity grade of A, Teacher grade of B-
- Benson Middle School: Niche grade of C+, Academic grade of C, Diversity grade of A, Teacher grade of B-
- South Johnston High School: Niche grade of B-, Academic grade of C+, Diversity grade of A, Teacher grade of C+
Events & Attractions
There is always something going on in Benson to keep residents entertained, including popular annual events such as the Mule Days and the State Annual Singing Convention. Here are the top best things to do in Benson, NC which is a hidden gem to many.
- Broadslab Distillery. This farm distillery is enticing with its premium handcrafted spirits. At Broadslab Distillery, take a 1-hour long tour and learn how they handcraft their whiskeys to perfection!
- Fainting Goat Brewing Co. Get your drink on and settle in with some delicious food and a show at the Fainting Goat Brewing Co. while indulging in German beers.
- Benson Museum of Local History. Founded in 1987, learn all you can at the Benson Museum of Local History detailing the past of Benson and its surrounding areas with a range of artifacts and exhibits to feed your eye.
For more fun local information on Benson, NC, check out our website!
- Archer Lodge
- Cane Mill Estates
- Daniel Farms
- DeLillian Estates
- Four Oaks
- Greystone Crossing
- J and S Farms
- Johnsons Landing
- Monroe Fields
- Norris Farm
- Planters Glen
- Pleasant View
- Quail Glen
- Star Valley
- The Preserve
- Three Meadows
- Three Meadows
- Willa Chase