Apex Homes for Sale
Real Estate in Apex, NC
A suburb in Raleigh, Apex, North Carolina is a small town in Wake County with a population that only seems to continue to grow. This town is found at the southern border of the community of Friendship, close to two neighboring towns Cary and Holly Springs. Apex is considered one of the first towns to develop around the state's capital Raleigh. Apex is a hub for business, shopping, and trade, feeding into the many reasons why Apex, NC is considered one of the best places to locate and call home. If you are considering Apex for you and your family, we have compiled a list of why it may be a wonderful option.
Included below are homes for sale in Apex. If you would like more information on any of these Apex real estate listings, just click the "Request More Information" button when viewing the details of that property. We can provide you with disclosures, past sales history, dates and prices of homes recently sold nearby, and more.
And, if you haven't already, be sure to register for a free account so that you can receive email alerts whenever new Apex listings come on the market.
Closed (sold) listings may have been listed and/or sold by a real estate firm other than the firm(s) featured on this website. Closed data is not available until the sale of the property is recorded in the MLS. Home sale data is not an appraisal, CMA, competitive or comparative market analysis, or home valuation of any property.
Best Things About Apex NC
Affordable Cost of Living
Apex, North Carolina is considered to be relatively affordable, with the median household income estimated at $57,625/year, 9% higher than the National average, and 10.6% higher than the average cost of living in Raleigh, NC. It only makes sense that Apex’s prices continue to rise as its popularity rises due to its prime location. Located minutes from the heart of Research Triangle Park, Apex is the perfect place for hardworking professionals to call home. It is also close to the Raleigh Durham International Airport, as well as major interstate highways, making travel stress free and easy!
Living in Apex provides its residents access to the top colleges and universities all located in or around the Triangle area, meaning only a short 30-minute drive. A free of said colleges nearby are the following:
- North Carolina state university
- University of North Carolina at chapel hill
- Duke university
- William peace university
- Meredith college
Apex is also zoned into the Wake County Public System, a highly-rated public school system that houses over 163,404 students in the district from K-12. If you are moving to Apex with school-aged children, learning more about the schools in the area can help place you in the right neighborhood. Here are the following best-rated schools in Apex, NC.
- Hortons Creek Elementary. Overall Niche grade of A, Academic grade of A, Diversity grade of A, Teachers grade of A+
- Apex Friendship Middle. Overall Niche grade of A, Academic grade of A, Diversity grade of A-, Teachers grade of A+
- Apex High School. Overall Niche grade of A, Academic grade of A, Diversity grade of A-, Teachers grade of A, College Prep grade of A
- Scotts Mill. Situated just minutes from downtown, this neighborhood in Apex, NC is considered to be one of the best locations, allowing its residents access to fantastic dining and fun entertainment options. Scotts Mill is best known for its stunning homes and beautiful amenities paired with a welcoming community. Residents find themselves surrounded by a beautiful wooded area, and walking trails for privacy and serene living.
- Haddon Hall. Located 7 miles from Cary and 17 miles from the Research Triangle Park, this residential community has convenient shopping and is near highly rated restaurants. Haddon Hill offers single-family homes, townhomes, and condos ranging between 1,500 to over 5,000 sq. ft. and if building your own home is your dream, this neighborhood comes with many empty lots.
- Carriage Downs. Charming and secluded, Carriage Downs is minutes from downtown Apex and has proximity to top dining, shopping, and attractions. There are a total of 68 townhomes and 72 single-family homes. Life in this neighborhood is often described as laidback and carefree, with lots of space to explore, as many yards are backed into lush wooded areas or a pond.
- Crocketts Ridge. There are over 2,000 residents that call this community home, with homes of varying sizes, styles, and prices available to potential buyers. Crocketts Ridge includes family-friendly features such as clean streets, a high safety rating, dog-friendly amenities, and a peaceful way of life. This more rural neighborhood, and most homes tend to sell for 500k+.
- Salem Oaks. Considered a more affordable neighborhood, Salem Oaks has a total of 45 current homes ranging between 1400 to 3000 sq. ft. Considered to be a prime location due to its walking distance to downtown Apex, this neighborhood also has a lack of community association fees.
- The Villages of Apex. This large community is a 202-acre mix-used neighborhood full of luxury single-family homes, apartments, urban condos, and townhomes all near downtown Apex. This residential area offers a small-town feel due to its proximity to retail space and commercial space.
- Brookeshire Manor. One of the most sought-after residential communities in Apex, Brookeshire Manor tends to sell homes far faster than any other neighborhood in the area. There is an assortment of stunning homes that all range in sq. footage from 4200 sq. ft. to 5100+ sq. ft.
- Salem Village. A newer community in Apex near US-1, I-540, and downtown Apex, Salem Village has a large variety of beautiful houses paired with great amenities such as two pools, a fitness center, a playground, and picnic areas.
- Scotts Laurel. If space is what you are after, then Scotts Laurel townhomes with their reasonable prices may be for you. Here, you can find privacy with tall trees, quiet streets, and an abundance of wildlife.
- Abbington. A well-known neighborhood in Apex, Abbington is located minutes from Research Triangle Park and the Beaverton Creek Shopping Center. You can find a good blend of suburbia and big city amenities with custom-built homes in two stages between 1999 and 2008.
Apex, North Carolina is full of history, with its birth dating back to the 1860s when settlers first arrived, and its official incorporation in 1873 for its prime location around the railroad. The city got its name “Apex” originally because it was located at the highest point on the Chatham Railroad line, connecting Richmond, Virginia, to Jacksonville, FL. Now, Apex is known as the “Peak of High Living” for its charm, sense of community, and continued rendition of amenities and services.
Beautiful Outdoors & Good Weather
Outdoor recreation goes hand in hand with calling Apex home. There are countless parks and luscious green spaces. There is no better way to get acquainted with the town than exploring the outdoors! Whether it is a recreational sports team you are looking to join, or simply a playground to bring your children and dogs to, the town of Apex is surrounded by lush forests, and many clean, spacious parks. Here, you will only find fun and adventure!
Festivals & Events
Apex, North Carolina hosts many events and festivals throughout the year, and there is always something for everyone during the weekends. Typically, you can find local vendors, food, drink, crafts, and entertainment as you walk the streets of Apex. There are many wonderful celebrations you can take part in to celebrate the town, as well as expanding and getting to know new people as well. These are the following festivities you can expect to see coming to Apex:
- Apex Fourth of July Celebration in the summer.
- Christmas on Salem Street during the holiday months.
- Apex Festival Commission is constantly planning bigger and better events each year.
Great Restaurants & Coffee Shops
Apex, NC is home to many laid-back taverns and cozy coffee shops, as well as trending taprooms and a few popular grills. Here, you will only find the greatest restaurants and eateries to satisfy your tastebuds. Whether it is a classic Southern dish you are after or international cuisine, there is always a fantastic restaurant to choose from!
- Doherty’s Irish Pub & Restaurant. In the mood for dishes like fish and chips or corned beef and cabbage? Then the beloved local Irish Pub, Doherty’s Irish Pub & Restaurant might be the place for you! Here, you can find an assortment of authentic Irish fare and a welcoming atmosphere. There are also the inclusions of fun events like weeknight Bingo and weekend DJs, as well as other live music and acts!
- Scratch Kitchen & Taproom. This beautifully modern-rustic restaurant is unique in its blended Southern and Asian flavored dishes. Scratch Kitchen & Taproom offers guests a charming garden patio where they can relax and choose plates from the menu such as the Apex Burger, or the fresh Lobster Mac and Cheese.
- Vegan Community Kitchen. Apex is nothing if not all-inclusive. This friendly vegan-inspired restaurant serves wholesome, tasty 100% vegan food. There are no meat, dairy, or eggs found in the kitchen or dishes at Vegan Community Kitchen, and there will be an addition of an authentic Ethiopian Vegan food menu!
- Mission Market. Both a gift shop and coffee shop in downtown Apex, Mission Market is popular for both homemade and sustainable gifts and knickknacks, as well as a large variety of caffeinated beverages to choose from. From espresso to macchiatos, to pour-overs or cold brews, there is no limit to the caffeine high you can get when visiting this coffee shop. For those not looking to drink coffee, you can find tea, sodas, beer and wine, and smoothies here! They truly have it all!
- Wake Oasis. The core coffees found at Wake Oasis truly are each “a cup of joy,” their official motto. The core coffees found here are the Wake Oasis House Blend, Wake Oasis Cold Brew Blend, and their Signature Wake Oasis Espresso Blend. Some menu choices here include hot espresso, blended frozen, or over ice, and locally roasted coffee, with a side of New York-style bagels, and muffins.
- The Mocha Room. This coffee shop is unique as it is Veteran-owned, with a mission to unite people while offering a space to create and share a cup of coffee. The Mocha Room has coffee directly imported from small producers and family farms through the port of Wilmington with the goal in mind to support small farmers. Apart from delicious cups of coffee, you can find refreshments, snacks, and sweets, as well as breakfast and lunch items. Apart from coffee, some drink items include smoothies and teas.
For more local information on Apex, NC, and other surrounding areas, check out our website!
Contact Your Apex Real Estate Agent